- Smoking is prohibited in the Library.
- The only food and drinks allowed in the library is the meals purchase from the in-house Cafe only.
- No bags, umbrellas , parcels, etc. except files and books may be brought into the library. Adequate storage facilities have been provided at the entrance to the library.
- On leaving the library, all users are required to produce for inspection of all books and items taken out of the library.
- Silence must be observed strictly in the library.
- Users must be decently dressed and conduct themselves properly in the library.
- The library staff on duty has the right to request a user to leave the premises if he or she is found to be violating any of the library rules.
- Official time for determining fines on overdue books and for other purposes will be read according to the time determined in the computer system at the circulation counter. Should the system be down, the correct time will be determined by the library staff at the counter services.
- The library will not accept responsibility for the loss or misplacement of personal belongings.
- The chief librarian may amend the library rules and regulations as and when necessary.